Hello..


It's been a while since I've blogged, three years to be exact. So much has happened...
In the past two years we all been through a pandemic, it's been scary, different, but on many levels sobering and allowed me to refocus on what's important in my life. 

What's stuck with me and have helped me through is family, faith, and drive... Drive to share my stories and create, small things, big things and everything else in between. This has kept me sane, centered and grateful.

Some of the small and in between things I've been creating are scripted and factual films. I'm in the process of writing and directing my first NFB (National Film Board of Canada) short doc, producing another short doc, that I won a grant for and making a short, scripted film (Eua-Lander), through AFCOOP's (Atlantic Film Cooperative) Film 5 Program.  It's exciting and sweet, as 4 years ago both Emma (my producer on Eua-Lander) and I had both applied to Film 5 on separate projects, only to make the initial cut. Now here we are 4 years later, in the program and working on a scripted piece that we are both excited about! Persistence pays off.

Emma Boardman and Erica Meus-Saunders
A quick synopsis of our project, Eua-Lander.

19- year-old Tracey is living a charmed life; great adoptive-parents, college life and childhood bestie. On the eve of her 20th Birthday, she gets suddenly ill and undergoes a transformation, changing into an outer-wordly being. Her life makes 180 degrees flip, one that she slowly adapts to, with the help of her BFF and newly found brother.

I love all the elements contained in this short, and as a writer/director wanted to create, something around friendship with an element of surprise.. AND a sci-fi twist.

We’re still in the early stages of the project with script rewrites and more budgeting to be done from my producer, Emma, but we’re moving along with full steam and I’m looking forward to sharing more updates in the coming months!

#EuaLander #writer #director #producer #Film5 #AFCOOP  #NovaScotia








Comments