Last Leg (almost)..

Some days are better than others and today is a great day. I feel fortunate to be in this space/place where I'm able to grow as an individual and a professional.

Design by Jun Zhao
The last few weeks of preparation have not been easy, but Janelle and I have had the opportunity to meet with some really great people and mentors. They have assisted us in getting our project where it needs to be for Phase II.

I won't name names, but we are humbled and truly grateful. It's always a plus, when a program and/or connection surpasses your expectations.

The fact that people who've been in this industry here for a while, are established and sometimes very busy, will take the time to chat, offer advice and encourage you, is 'the icing on the cake' for me.

We have also talked about a movie poster, and I've connected with Jun, a friend, who's also a graphic artist to create a poster for our movie.

We have a working design and I'm pleased to see what we have thus far.

Jun has been great at bringing my idea together. She started with a few rough sketches, which in the space of 2-3 days resulted in the poster above.

We will continue to work at it, her putting her talents to use and me giving feedback.



Some early sketches

















Today I met with an actress and her mother to talk about a specific role. This connection was made through a Film 5 mentor.  The duo were pretty excited about the script, and I'm certain that Lauren will do a great job in bringing this character to life. I've also meet/chatted with two other women, Maya and Kate, who are just as excited about the other female roles. BONUS!
Meetings and script discussions
The next day/s will be spent working to fine-tune our proposal.

Now I'm off to meet with a make-up artist. An Ordinary Day is well on it's way.
Janelle and I are:
 #excited #workinghard and #encouraged. #WIFT #NS #Film5



Check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/anordinaryday.ca/
'Like' us. Please and thank you :) Plans for a website is underway!

Comments